An Elementary Representative must be a 4th or 5th grade student, a Junior Representative must be a 6th or 7th grade student, and a Senior Representative must be a 9th, 10th, or 11th grade student in good standing, officially enrolled in National Beta and registered for the Regional Leadership Summit by the deadline.
Representatives appointed at each regional summit are eligible to interview for the following positions: National Senior Leadership Ambassador (3), National Junior Leadership Ambassador (2) and National Elementary Leadership Ambassador (1). Participation allows students to collaborate with fellow members, compete in a collaborative project on-site, as well as serve as a representative the following year. These appointed National Representatives will also help facilitate a Leadership Session at the following year’s National Convention.
Only one student from each club may interview in a Beta calendar year. If selected as Leadership Representative, the student may not run for state office at the convention or the following year.
The following rules and regulations should be read carefully. By submitting the nomination and recommendation form, you are agreeing to abide by these rules and regulations:
- One Elementary Leadership Representative, two Junior Leadership Representatives and three Senior Leadership Representatives will be selected and serve the following year.
- The Sponsor(s) or Executive Head of the representative’s school must write a brief recommendation during the registration process to include, but not limited to, the student’s leadership qualities.
- If a representative is selected and later dropped from the local club or if the representative is not enrolled actively in school during the entire term, the representative forfeits the right to serve as a Leadership Representative. It is imperative for the selected representative to notify the National Office immediately if he/she is unable to serve.
- Nominees will be given an onsite task and be evaluated on collaborative/leadership skills as well as a short interview.
- Representatives must wear business casual attire to the meeting/interview.
- National Leadership Ambassadors selected at the National Convention must attend the following year’s National Convention to help facilitate the Leadership Sessions.
- Submission of the registration is a pledge stating that he/she will attend all of the representative meetings and sessions of the Convention, and will fulfill all of the duties assigned the following year. This means he/she is obligated to attend all meetings and sessions both years, when nominated and when serving as a Regional Leadership Representative or National Leadership Ambassador. Failure to fulfill this obligation will result in the representative forfeiting his/her opportunity to interview and serve.
- Students selected as a Regional Leadership Representative or National Leadership Ambassador are not eligible to run for state office at the state convention or the following year.