The Apparel Design competition allows each club to submit one club-designed piece of apparel depicting the 2022 - 2023 Theme: Power of Beta. This competition is designed to encourage creativity, innovation, interpretation of theme, and artistic design. A club may only have one entry.
- The project will remain on display until the designated pick up time.
- The apparel must adhere to the Convention Theme: Power of Beta.
- Entries may be any form of apparel but may not be an accessory (i.e., handags, ties, hats, belts, etc.)
- The apparel must be student designed. Computer aided drawings are acceptable.
- Apparel must have marketing potential to be commercially reproduced.
- A complete Apparel Design Form should be attached to the back of the project.*
- Although reasonable precautions to protect entries will be taken, National Beta will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- It is the responsibility of clubs entering the contest to collect entered items at the designated times.
- If a club chooses to submit virtually for a hybrid competition, the entry and Apparel Design Form must be submitted electronically.
*If only submitting entries virtually for a convention, the Apparel Design Form must be submitted electronically.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Information and Media Literacy
- Design Elements and Visual Arts Standards
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Students will investigate, find solutions, strategies, and designs from infinite number of possibilities using inquiry, collaboration, and process based learning.
- Visit www.betaclub.org/events/conventions and follow directions.
- Register students and then select competitions to enter.
All Plaques Awarded at State Convention
|Interpretation and Illustration of the Theme||Excellent interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Good interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Average interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Minimal interpretation and illustration of the theme.|
|Artistic Design||Artistic Design creates an excellent visual display and exhibits excellent effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates a good visual display and exhibits good effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates an average visual display and exhibits average effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates minimal visual display and exhibits minimal effort put into workmanship.|
|Originality of Concept||Apparel reflects excellent originality of concept.||Apparel reflects good originality of concept.||Apparel reflects average originality of concept.||Apparel reflects minimal originality of concept.|
|Creativity, Color, and Contrast||The apparel exhibits an excellent degree of student creativity with an excellent use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits a good degree of student creativity with a good use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits an average degree of student creativity with an average use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits a minimal degree of student creativity with a minimal use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.|
|Marketing Potential for Commercial Reproduction||Apparel exhibits an excellent ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits a good ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits an average ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits a minimal ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.|
|Deductions||This will be taken one time by the coordinator.||Did not follow competition guidelines -10|
Print Apparel Design Form and submit with entry.
*If only submitting entries virtually for a convention, the Apparel Design Form will be submitted electronically.