The Accessorized Design competition allows each club to submit one club-designed accessory depicting the 2023-2024 Theme - Beta: A Voyage of Adventure. This competition is designed to encourage creativity, innovation, interpretation of theme and artistic design. A club may only have one entry.
- The accessory must adhere to the convention theme - Beta: A Voyage of Adventure.
- Entries may be any form of accessory such as, but not limited to, handbags, ties, hats, socks, belts, etc. (Note: jewelry cannot be submitted since it is a category in Visual Arts.)
- The accessory must be student designed. A computer aided drawing is acceptable.
- The accessory must have marketing potential to be commercially reproduced.
- A completed Accessorized Design form should be photographed with the project.
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Information and Media Literacy
- Design Elements and Visual Arts Standards
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Students will investigate, find solutions, strategies, and designs from infinite number of possibilities using inquiry, collaboration, and process based learning.
- Visit www.betaclub.org/events/conventions and follow directions.
- Register students and then select competitions to enter.
All Plaques Awarded at Convention Extension
|Interpretation and Illustration of the Theme||Excellent interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Good interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Average interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Minimal interpretation and illustration of the theme.|
|Artistic Design||Artistic Design creates an excellent visual display and exhibits excellent effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates a good visual display and exhibits good effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates an average visual display and exhibits average effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates minimal visual display and exhibits minimal effort put into workmanship.|
|Originality of Concept||Apparel reflects excellent originality of concept.||Apparel reflects good originality of concept.||Apparel reflects average originality of concept.||Apparel reflects minimal originality of concept.|
|Creativity, Color, and Contrast||The apparel exhibits an excellent degree of student creativity with an excellent use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits a good degree of student creativity with a good use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits an average degree of student creativity with an average use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits a minimal degree of student creativity with a minimal use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.|
|Marketing Potential for Commercial Reproduction||Apparel exhibits an excellent ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits a good ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits an average ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits a minimal ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.|
|Deductions||This will be taken one time by the coordinator.||Did not follow competition guidelines -10|
Download and Print Accessorized Design Form and submit with entry.