Elementary Visual Arts
Onsite Only Competition
The Visual Arts competition provides students the opportunity to showcase their artistic talents and creative abilities. Each club may enter one entry in each category. This competition is designed to encourage creativity, innovation, reward outstanding craftsmanship, and reinforce the importance of fine arts.
Black & White Photography
Mixed Media - more than one medium used
Quilling - paper or metal
- The Visual Art Identification Tag is included in the handbook. Print, complete in full, and attach to each Visual Art entry.
- An individual may enter only one item per category per division; however, an individual may enter more than one category. Clubs are limited to one entry per category.
- Easels will not be supplied.
- All artwork must be submitted and displayed at the designated time.
- Students must be registered for the convention in order to enter artwork.
- Entries must remain on display until the designated time of pickup.
- Although reasonable precautions to protect entries will be taken, National Beta will not be responsible for loss or damage. It is the responsibility of clubs entering the contest to collect entered items at the designated times.
- Entries may not be inappropriate or explicit in nature.
- Visual Arts Standards
- Creativity and Innovation
- Communication and Collaboration
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
How to Enter
Visit https://www.betaclub.org/events/conventions and follow directions.
Register students and then select competitions to enter.
All Plaques Awarded at Convention Extension
Holistic style judging will be used to determine the award winners in the arts competition. Judges will use the following to determine the winners:
Creativity – originality, innovation
Composition – lines, simplicity, balance, color contrast, details
Focus – degree of sharpness or softness, depth of field
Lighting – exposure, direction quality, use of shadows, shading
Technique – camera angle, paint strokes, application and experimentation of medium, texture
Primary visual impact – subject matter
Presentation – appearance, overall artistic appeal
Degree of difficulty, complexity
Artwork size is not specified. Framing and matting of the artwork is not required.
Easels are not provided by National Beta.
Visual Arts Tag
Must be printed, filled out, and submitted with entry.
Print: Visual Arts Tag