The Apparel Design competition allows each club to submit one club-designed piece of apparel depicting the 2022 - 2023 Theme: Power of Beta. This competition is designed to encourage creativity, innovation, interpretation of theme, and artistic design. A club may only have one entry.
- The project will remain on display until the designated pick up time.
- The apparel must adhere to the Convention Theme: Power of Beta.
- Entries may be any form of apparel but may not be an accessory (i.e., handags, ties, hats, belts, etc.)
- The apparel must be student designed. Computer aided drawings are acceptable.
- Apparel must have marketing potential to be commercially reproduced.
- A complete Apparel Design Form should be attached to the back of the project.*
- Although reasonable precautions to protect entries will be taken, National Beta will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- It is the responsibility of clubs entering the contest to collect entered items at the designated times.
- If a club chooses to submit virtually for a hybrid competition, the entry and Apparel Design Form must be submitted electronically. *If only submitting entries virtually for a convention, the Apparel Design Form must be submitted electronically.
Creativity and Innovation
Communication and Collaboration
Information and Media Literacy
Design Elements and Visual Arts Standards
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Students will investigate, find solutions, strategies, and designs from infinite number of possibilities using inquiry, collaboration, and process based learning.
Visit www.betaclub.org/events/conventions and follow directions.
Register students and then select competitions to enter.
All Plaques Awarded at State Convention
|Interpretation and Illustration of the Theme||Excellent interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Good interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Average interpretation and illustration of the theme.||Minimal interpretation and illustration of the theme.|
|Artistic Design||Artistic Design creates an excellent visual display and exhibits excellent effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates a good visual display and exhibits good effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates an average visual display and exhibits average effort put into workmanship.||Artistic Design creates minimal visual display and exhibits minimal effort put into workmanship.|
|Originality of Concept||Apparel reflects excellent originality of concept.||Apparel reflects good originality of concept.||Apparel reflects average originality of concept.||Apparel reflects minimal originality of concept.|
|Creativity, Color, and Contrast||The apparel exhibits an excellent degree of student creativity with an excellent use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits a good degree of student creativity with a good use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits an average degree of student creativity with an average use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.||The apparel exhibits a minimal degree of student creativity with a minimal use of colors, textures, shapes and spacing.|
|Marketing Potential for Commercial Reproduction||Apparel exhibits an excellent ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits a good ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits an average ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.||Apparel exhibits a minimal ability to be marketed and commercially reproduced.|
|Deductions||This will be taken one time by the coordinator.||Did not follow competition guidelines -10|
Print Apparel Design Form and submit with entry.
*If only submitting entries virtually for a convention, the Apparel Design Form will be submitted electronically.